Forward BIO Institute
The Forward BIO Institute supports transformative research and development, promotes workforce development, and fosters public-private partnership establishment in the emerging area of biomanufacturing: the advanced manufacturing of therapeutic medical devices, cells, tissues or pharmaceuticals. Based at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the Institute engages with research institutions throughout the Midwest, as well as companies at all stages of growth through our industry consortium.
- In addition to catalyzing innovation in biomanufacturing research, we work to catapult groundbreaking technologies out of universities and into the private sector though a series of supportive initiatives.
- The Forward BIO Institute is also dedicated to training the next generation of biomanufacturing industry leaders by establishing innovative educational programs that teach both biomanufacturing and relevant business concepts.
- The Institute’s third focus area is establishment of robust and effective public-private partnerships which seek to find innovative solutions for critical global biomanufacturing challenges.
Along with our partners, we are creating a Wisconsin innovation ecosystem that connects scientific thought leaders in the public sector with entrepreneurs, investors, and technology development experts in the private sector, thereby enhancing the likelihood that transformative research discoveries will leave the laboratory and positively impact society.
- Feasibility Studies
Financial Resources and Assistance
- Grant Funding
Human Resources, Workforce and Talent
- Workforce Training
- Leadership/Professional Development
- Employee Development
Internship Programs and Student Services
- Internship Program
- Student Research Projects
- Student Placement
- Student Training
Manufacturing, High Tech, Life Sciences Development
- Life Sciences Development
- Science/Bioscience Seminars
Networking and Associations
- Geographically Based
- Industry Specific
- Small Business/General
- Product Design and Development
- Prototype Development
- R&D Support
- International Regulatory Compliance
Starting a Business
- Feasibility Studies